Saturday, April 22, 2023

 Crumb cake. Base was made of super fluffy white cake (Nagi) but I erred in placing the crumb topping on this very soft base which was too light and thin to support it. The crumb topping sunk, but not uniformly throughout, creating a marbling effect. I don't think the sinkage was a big deal, but I prefer an evenly stratified crumb cake. Also, the crumb topping seemed a bit dry. Otherwise, it turned out fine. It needed to be baked for about an hour, somehow, on 350°F, even though the recipe says 30 min in the pan I used. Next time I'll try baking the cake for 20 min, then placing on the crumb topping, and baking for 10 minutes or more. 

I'm definitely going ot use this recipe for either cupcakes or a two-tier vanilla cake next. I could perfectly replicate a Shoprite birthday cake.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home